YND 13: Got Clogged

The theme this week is Country! Given that two of our hosts play and write in a Country Rock band, they should knock it out the park. Or the country park, if you will.


This week’s pieces:

CHARLIE

Cloggo

It was 1889
They built this dirty maze of mine
I keep things moving right below your feet
Where the sun don't shine
Is where I spend my time
I know it better than I know the street

All week
I'm knee-deep
(But My girl is) so sweet
When I leave it behind
Til one day I saw that
She was on her back
With the guy the keeps the drains in town intact

Now when you're feeling fine
In 2099
You won't know what's right below your feet
It's my baby
And the drain man maybe
The other sewer rats have had a treat


BEN

Clogged

When you asked, in your gentle tone
To use the most private part of my home
I was torn to tell the tawdry truth
That room belies my ample youth

I would not wait on this stalemate
My body’s a temple I desecrate
Now the pipes are packed, the flow is low
And I don’t know when I’ll next go

To save us both the grievance
I’d find another convenience

Clogged
I got clogged
Now I cannot find my way through the fog

Clogged
I got clogged
Now my love is like a broken bog


MATT

Got Clogged

When you left me
I was torn in two
Between
Two halves of broken heartache
Like this I’ve never seen
Before I can
make it to my feet
I’ve hung my head and cried.
But I’m a rock.
And I gotta keep rolling on.

Cos if I don’t
I know I won’t be the man
That I want to be
I’ll be stuck in a rut
I’ll be too cut up to see
What else is out there
And I ain’t standing
No, I ain’t standing
I ain’t standing for that.

You’ve taken
12 of my years
from me
But None of that crossed your mind
when it came
to your cheating heart
When you sat me down
In this old chair
To tell me you no longer cared...
I’ll be a rock
I gotta keep rolling on.

Comments

Popular Posts