YND 12: Above & Beyond


The theme this week is rap, and our hosts tackle it like any white middle class english men would: with embarrassing enthusiasm and beats stolen from Dre.


This week’s pieces:

CHARLIE

Miss Bliss and Mister Blister
She’s sunshine’s brighter sister, with the
Gist of her rays and her ways
And her warm lazy gaze but not seeing
Lookin’ but not being alive to the facts
That where she’s warm, he lacks
Any form of human quality at all
But just a short lesson
from this rapping impression
This guy keeps me guessing’
but he keeps on impressin’ her


BEN

Bicycle Face

I rode into the wind
and I got disfigured
Found no kinda gun
Could get me triggered
Chose harder higher gears
to push through the years
Working uphill
for fear of going down
I Tried to break
And I broke
Down

Each passing place
I passed the same
Ticking off time
And tasks the same
Making me a machine
My bike, my brain
Got clogged with clay
Saw the next place
Refused to pass
Left me laying
On the cold damp grass

These working days
And our working ways
Put every play in the past
We are burning our way
During our stay
In order to travel through fast


MATT

Draggin’

I don’t take time to get to speed
Accelerating,
Never need
More than what I’ve got —
I’m never sweating any beads
L-A-S-S
I’m here to burn the finish line
Smoking all these suckers
In my mirrors they’re behind me.

Taking the lead,
Taking the top team
To the limit and winning,
Never stopping or giving
Anything away
This has always been my day
For you this is do or die
For me this is playtime

Hold the red light
I don’t want you disqualified
I’m here to see your face
On the video rewind
V-E-G-A, yeah that’s me
Taking it above and beyond
The whole scene.

Comments

Popular Posts